My latest experiment didn’t go so bad… considering 🙂
Pre-requisites: one fridge full of unspent vegetables, and one decent length holiday coming up
Problem Description: Veg will definitely be off on return from holiday
- Pick the types of veg you want to go together. (The more the merrier I say, as this means less individual types of soup.)
- Personally, I like to throw some fruit in there too – good mushy apple never hurts a sweet tooth!
- For each veg-group, cut up and cook until going mushy. (It doesn’t matter if it is particularly thick, this will be resolved by the post-holiday hunger needs)
- Box it up. (My chosen technicque is to get a suitable-sized container, drape a freezer back over/inside it, freeze it (container and all), remove the container from the freezer bag gently when frozen. Result: perfectly formed rectangular freezer bags, with handy container still available to use next time.)
- Go on holiday waste-free! (The fun bit, of course 🙂 )
- Come home to a well-stocked freezer
- When hunger strikes, take out a suitable portion + begin heating.
- Add salt and either milk or cream to taste.
- Add hot water until desired consistency is reached.
- Pop some toast and enjoy!
Perfect 🙂 … if I do say so myself!