Yes, slightly embarrassed to admit it, but I’m still in this hole 🙂
Colorado is treating me amazingly kindly, and I’m appreciating that… I just always underestimate just how much life-stuff there is to take time+energy out of my day. But what’s new about that?!
Well, here’s some highlights from the week:
- Prayer group – such a relief to break up the week a little
- Dining table – from American furniture warehouse. Exceedingly chuffed that it turned out “medium oak” and not pine like the showroom model, and relieved I didn’t buy the hideous pine chairs to match.
- Went to “What I wanted to say” with Elle, it was put on by her school and it was done by some of her friends.
- Last day working for my current company. All new and pretty next Monday – we’re even supposed to dress up!
- and changes, changes and yet more garnished changes with relish…
The changes do range from very major to trivial, but when you’re already overwhelmed even the little ones keep compounding on top.
It is actually a relief to be doing some of the same things two months in a row now… it is no where near as time-consuming paying your utilities when the online account and credit card are all set up (with valid SSN details) instead of the phonecalls and websearches and confusion and “profile setup” that it calls for first time round.
Then there is all the other financial matters:
- cell phone contract,
- budgeting in a foreign currency,
- health insurance (just figured out a doctors appt + prescription in time to start all over again with the new company).
- 401K – checking it exists… oh, and then a rollover since I’m changing company, and..
- I need, not one but two new IRA bank accounts to get it rolled over into, to take proper account of the tax status of the money.
And the list goes on….
I even hoovered for the first time today! Yeah I know I’ve been in this place a little while now, but it wasn’t *that* dirty… in fact, when I moved in, it was a little tooo clean! 😛
I still long for the days when I can once again enjoy the blogosphere… and sorry its not *quite* yet 🙂